Friday, March 11, 2011

Weird.

The weirdest thing just happened:

Okay, so I started my day with something of an "anger hangover" from last night.  I felt kinda weird about where my headspace was last night, but maybe I got out what I needed to because I felt a bit better and wasn't as grrrrrrrr as I was last night.

I was able to go swimming with my friend L and her big belly, and it didn't bother me very much.  We had a great time, went for sushi after with our kids, and had a nice day.

But, I didn't want to forget about last night, so at 4:55pm today (after putting it off all day) I called the grief counsellor I was introduced to at our local clinic to set up an appointment.

When I called, she answered, and I said "this is Brooke M****r calling, I met you about a month ago in the clinic-",  and she *gasps*.  I said "what happened?", thinking that she saw something shocking on TV (as we all are right now with the earthquake/tsunami in Japan), or spilled something hot on herself... Anyways, she says "no, I just put your file on my desk, opened it, and read your name as I answered the phone.  I was just about to close your file."

Weird.

I guess it was meant to be that I go see someone now.  The time is right.

I see her on Tuesday.  I don't know what to expect, but I think it's going to be good.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you're going to see a grief counselor. Mine has been so helpful. I actually look forward to therapy sessions which is kind of dark and twisted (but, hey, what isn't dark and twisted in my life these days?). I hope it is a healing experience for you, too.

    ReplyDelete