Thursday, April 28, 2011

99 Days

I just got an email from my husband that it was 99 days ago today that Love died.

Was it that long ago?  It just seems like it was yesterday.

I was just skyping with my sister and told her about the email that I was upset, and she said "Why would he do that?".  She misunderstood why I was upset.  I am not upset that he "reminded me" that our baby died.  Trust me, I don't need reminders.  I never forget.

I was upset that my baby died.

I told her that I love that my husband did the math.  I love that he reached out to me and told me it was 99 days.  I love hearing her name, speaking her name, reading her name...

He attached the information he stored in his phone at the time of her birth:

Love M.  Jan 19/11 2300-2357

14oz. or
.395kg
18.5 head
27.5cm length


He told me that he loved me, and that he missed our daughter, and that her short life meant more to him than he could have imagined 57 minutes ever could.


I love my husband.  


I love my son.  


I love my daughter.  And I miss her every minute of every day.

3 comments:

  1. I think it's really sweet that he keeps her information like that. Thinking of you, Love, and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet husband to have that information stored in his phone. I have to count the number of days now- 115:(
    Thinking of you and Love always

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate that my husband got his heart broken, too, and at the same time I love him all the more for it. It's such a terrible, tender thing to share with another person--an unbreakable bond of love and loss. I know the days are so long - I hope life gets a little easier as they days go on. Thinking of you and Love.

    ReplyDelete