Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Happy List Wednesday

Okay, usually these are done on Saturdays, but for some reason I can't get my shit together on a Saturday to get it done, so Wednesday it is!!  There is so much to be thankful for that I can't let the day of the week get in the way of reflecting on all that I have to be thankful for.  So, here goes:


  • I am thankful that I have a hubby who I love and adore
  • I am thankful that said hubby is so keen to go to couples/grief counselling with me as we navigate through the loss of our sweet daughter (so many of my friends hubbies won't touch counselling with a 10' pole)
  • I am thankful for my precious son who is such an absolute joy.  He is adorable, cute, hilarious, smart, frustrating, stubborn, cautious, and just plain tasty!!  And he smells soooooo good.  I love him to bits and teeny tiny pieces.
  • I am thankful that my friends and family are all healthy.  
  • I am thankful that I have such a good group of friends here in Pemby who have been so wonderful and understanding and patient with me through my grief.  
  • Even if I don't really enjoy their babies at this exact moment in time, I am EXTREMELY thankful that they do not know from experience what babyloss is like and what I am going through.  
  • I am thankful that even though this has been the worst time of my life, I am still able to see the bright side of things, find humour in the every day things, and laugh at stupid jokes.  I am glad that I am not the type to let bitterness overwhelm me (even though it can sometimes be a struggle).
  • I am thankful to be Canadian, and to not have received A FRIGGIN' BILL in the mail to pay for the birth of my daughter who died.  I don't know all the ins and outs of American health care, but how in the world can you not want universal health care???  The only bill we got was for the rental of the TV in my hospital room, and that was covered by insurance.  
  • And lastly, I am thankful for the 57 minutes I got to spend with my darling daughter.  I am thankful that she got to die in my arms and not hooked up to machines.  I am thankful that I got to kiss her head while it was nice and warm and smelled like HER.  I am glad that she was mine.  I love her and miss her every minute, but I am so thankful that I got to meet her.
Okay, I think that is enough for now.  It is nice to reflect on the positive things in life.  

Thanks for reading.

2 comments:

  1. Oh what a lovely list, thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen to Universal Healthcare! The hospital bill is like a kick in the teeth.

    ReplyDelete