Tuesday, May 31, 2011

To My Love, On Your Due Date

Love,

Today is your due date.  Today is the day that we would have been waiting for with such great anticipation.  Sometime around today, you would have been born, and we would have gotten to meet you. We didn't know if you were going to be a boy or girl, so this would have been the time that we got to discover that there was a little girl in there growing inside of me.
When you came, I would have put you on my chest and cuddled you and told you how beautiful you were.  You would have had Daddy wrapped around your little finger.

Love, even though you are no longer with us in body, you are with us every minute of every day in spirit, in our hearts, and on our minds.  You are so very loved, and so very missed.

You were with us such a short time, but you have changed Mommy and Daddy's lives forever.  I know that I am a better person because of you.  I am more compassionate, patient, and understanding.  I love more deeply in the present because I know that everything can change in an instant, and the thing you love most could be gone...  I am learning to enjoy the highs more (although I must admit that I am not quite there yet), because I know how incredibly low I can feel.

Love, there aren't enough words to tell you how very much I miss you and wish things were different.  My biggest wish in this whole world is that I could hug and cuddle you with happy tears in my eyes, not sad.

Mommy and Daddy are thinking of you today, my love, and always.  You remain in our hearts, and we love you with all we've got.

Love,

Mommy and Daddy

2 comments:

  1. missing Love with you also today....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending you much love. The world would be a better place with your little girl in it. The way you love her still also makes the world a better place.

    ReplyDelete