Sunday, May 29, 2011

Two days until my due date

This is what my head is doing today:

Talking to people (my side of the conversation and my thoughts):

  • "Hi!  How are you?" (2 days until my due date) "Oh, I'm fine..."(2 days until my due date) "Yeah,  weather is finally turning nice, and the sun is shining!" (2 days until my due date) 
  • "One Americano please" (2 days until my due date).  "No, no sugar, just cream." (2 days until my due date)
This is me packing for our move on Wednesday:
  • Hmmmmm... what box should this go in? (2 days until my due date)  Oh yeah, I have to make sure to clean there, and vacuum there (2 days until my due date).  Where did that box go with the bathroom stuff so I can add this thing to it (2 days until my due date)...
This is me talking to Avery:
  • Do you have to pee? (2 days until my due date)  Don't pee in your underwear, make sure to tell Mommy if you have to pee! (2 days until my due date)  Don't pee on the floor! (2 days until my due date)  Do you have to use the potty? (2 days until my due date).  Are you hungry? (2 days until my due date) You want pancakes? (2 days until my due date) Shit, we are out of eggs. (2 days until my due date)
(2 days until my due date)(2 days until my due date)(2 days until my due date)(2 days until my due date)(2 days until my due date)(2 days until my due date)(2 days until my due date)(2 days until my due date)(2 days until my due date)(2 days until my due date)(2 days until my due date)(2 days until my due date)(2 days until my due date)(2 days until my due date)(2 days until my due date)(2 days until my due date)(2 days until my due date)(2 days until my due date)(2 days until my due date)(2 days until my due date)(2 days until my due date)(2 days until my due date)(2 days until my due date)(2 days until my due date)(2 days until my due date)(2 days until my due date)(2 days until my due date).....

That is pretty much how my brain has been working.  

Good times.

I have been holding up pretty well, but I think I am starting to crack, and see a huge crumble in my near future.  And how long can this lump in my throat stick around?  

I am thankful for the distraction of moving, but also wish I could crawl in bed and pull the covers over my head until it's all over.  


3 comments:

  1. Yep. Me too. Except I'm thinking (Andrew would be 6 months, Andrew would be 6 months, Andrew would be 6 months).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have had many days like that, especially at each month on the 3rd.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post is the perfect example of how life can be sad and funny at the same time: "Don't pee on the floor! (2 days until my due date)"

    Thinking of you and Love. Best of luck with the move.

    ReplyDelete